Monday, June 20, 2016

Become an Idea Machine Summer Session Starts July 11, 2016

ETA: Sorry folks, the class has filled up. Get your name on my mailing list to be notified of the next class.

Today was my kid's last day of middle school. Summer is here! I can't believe he'll be in high school this fall and (shudder) entering college in four years.

Anyway, I've had some time open up in my summer schedule and I'm offering my three-week Become an Idea Machine course to start on Monday, July 11. I opened the class up for registration to my mailing list subscribers last week and have just a few spots left.

Prospective students write to me when I offer this class in the summer, asking if it's a good idea to take the course during a holiday/vacation. I get some of my best ideas when I'm away from home. However this is a class, so my advice is: if you're going to be away the week of July 11 *and* have access to e-mail, I'd say go for it. However, if you're going to be away during the second week of class (July 18), I'd much rather you take the course during another session. We do a lot of back and forth during that second week, and maybe it's best to have a great time relaxing on vacation than worrying about getting to the computer to do homework. If you'll be away the third week (July 25) but still want to take the class, it's doable, but again, ask yourself if you'd rather be researching magazines or relaxing by the pool? (Although I have to admit, I've researched plenty of markets poolside.)

So, if this session works for you, you can sign up here. Can't make this session? Then sign up to be notified of future classes here. The soonest I'll be teaching again is later this fall.

In case we don't talk before then, enjoy your summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment