Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Become an Idea Machine workshop starts January 6, 2014

I'm opening up registration for the January Become an Idea Machine workshop ... it'll start on Monday, January 6, 2014. I was going to start it a week later, but truth be told, I'm eager to get back to work after a month of recharging my batteries. While I enjoy working with my students, the work of helping them shape ideas demands a lot of creative energy and I have to take occasional breaks to give that side of my brain a rest.

My January workshop holds a special place in my heart. Students who sign up are extremely motivated--maybe because they've made some New Year resolutions?--and it's always a lot of fun for me to work with writers who are determined to succeed.

If you're looking to increase the quality and quantity of story ideas to sell to editors, this is the class for you. In the first week, we work on increasing your output of ideas. During week two, we focus on taking a few of those raw ideas and giving them shape (or angles). Then during the last week, we talk about marketing those ideas, which is key to actually selling your ideas. You can have the greatest story idea in the world, but if you don't have it targeted for the proper market, you'll never sell it.

Any questions? Please contact me at dianaburrell at gmail dot com or check out my FAQs. And if you're ready to take your freelance writing career to the next level, sign up here.

See you in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment